Supamums was designated an Effective Practice by the Ministry of Justice on 10 June 2013.
The entry on the Ministry website reads:
‘Supamums Support Services was founded in August 2011 by Monique Knight. Supamums specialises in supporting parents with the pre-development process of employment. Their ethos is to provide inclusive, non-judgemental and friendly services through tailored programmes which enable parents to move closer to the labour market.
- Achieve their first qualification in a shorter space of time than if attending college and within school hours
- Obtain qualifications ensuring they are in line with the current job market requirements
- Update or enhance current skills to assist with applying for a wider range of jobs
- Sustainability within employment if any barriers are dealt with
- Increased disposable income which may improve family life, especially for the young people’